Research Fellowship General Information
This program is currently not accepting applicants as of 10/1/2014
By the end of the Research Fellowship, the participant will have partnered with a physician or PhD with similar interests and have engaged in a joint research project (agreed upon before arrival).
This experience culminates in the receipt of a fellowship certificate from Harvard Medical School, provided that the research fellowship was one year or more in duration.
Who is eligible
This opportunity is available to international medical students, residents, fellows or physicians (MD/DO) who wish to expand their knowledge of physical medicine and rehabilitation and have clear research interests in this field.
This research fellowship lasts for a minimum of six months (most last one year).
This experience provides an opportunity to engage in rehabilitation-focused research with a mentor who shares similar interests.
The areas of research include: Amputee / Orthotics, Brain Injury, Electrodiagnostics, Geriatric Rehab, Motion Analysis, Musculoskeletal, Pain Management, Pediatric Rehab, Spinal Cord Injury, and Stroke.
- A certificate will not be awarded if the duration of the fellowship is less than one year. Clinical observerships are awarded a letter of completion if approved by assigned faculty.
- Participation in a research fellowship or clinical observership is contingent on our faculty's availability.
- As a visiting physician in this program, a participant cannot provide clinical treatment due to U.S. laws regarding physician licensure.
- Since we do not charge any tuition to research fellowship participants, we are unable to provide any type of financial assistance for travel, accommodations, or any other expenses related to relocation to the United States.
- This research fellowship has no salary support. Obtaining the correct visa, making travel arrangements, and finding accommodations are the responsibilities of the participant.
- Our support resources are limited; we attempt to process applications in a timely manner. However, please be advised that we can neither make, or imply, any guarantee on fulfilling requests due to the limitations of faculty availability and support resources.
To be considered for a fellowship, you will need to submit the following materials:
- A completed application (Download the application form now) (Word doc: 68k)
- A copy of your CV (in English). The CV should include education, work experience, research history and a list of publications.
- A cover letter.
Completed applications should be sent via e-mail, fax or standard mail, as follows:
Submitting by email:
Subject: Spaulding/Harvard PM&R Visitor Application
Submitting by fax:
To: Spaulding/Harvard PM&R - Visitor Application
Fax: (617) 952-5934
Phone: (617) 952-5227
Harvard Medical School, Department of PM&R
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
300 First Avenue
Boston, MA 02129
Attn: Visitor Application