- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities:
- Long-Term Acute Care:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities:
- Outpatient Facilities:
- Boston - Downtown Crossing
Gloucester - Cape
- Lexington - Pediatrics
Spaulding Hospital for Continuing Medical Care North Shore
Family and friends are encouraged to visit between 11 AM-8 PM to allow patient’s health and personal care needs to be met by health care staff.
Children are welcome with adult supervision. Visitation may be limited due to patient’s condition and preference.
No Pets Allowed
Annually, Spaulding Cambridge and Spaulding North Shore hold an annual golf tournament at the Salem Country Club in Peabody, Massachusetts in the fall.
There are many different volunteer roles available. Among them:
- Support for patients/family members – As a friendly visitor you may spend time listening, reading, writing letters, playing cards or just sitting by a bedside.
- Activity support – Helping with bingo, ice cream socials, special events
- Services - Plants, magazine carts, surveys
- Behind the Scenes – Assisting with office tasks
- Pet Therapy – Volunteers with therapy-licensed pets
- Gift Shop – Helping patients, staff and the public with their purchases
- Rehabilitation – Assisting Registered Physical and Occupational Therapists who provide rehabilitation to patients
- Sharing a Talent – Do you sing, play a musical instrument, do magical acts, etc?
- Greeter Program – Greeting patients/visitors and providing the small services that help make them feel like treasured guests during their stay at Shaughnessy-Kaplan Rehabilitation Hospital
- And more……
We offer training, flexible hours, social interaction and the opportunity to become a truly important, valued and respected member of our organization.
Call the Volunteer Office at 978-825-8515
Flowers and Balloons - gift packages, flowers and Mylar balloons can be brought or delivered to patients rooms.
Free parking is available in the Spaulding North Shore at the 1 Dove Avenur parking lot as space permits.
Take Route 93 North to Route 95/128 North. Follow to exit 45 (left-hand exit, where Routes 95 and 128 split). Follow Route 128 North/Gloucester. Take exit 26 (Lowell Street) off 128N, and bear right onto Lowell Street. Follow straight through Peabody Center. Lowell Street becomes Main Street and, after crossing the Salem city line, becomes Boston Street. At the end of the street (marked by a traffic light and a large monument to the left of the intersection), turn right onto Essex Street, which immediately becomes Highland Avenue (Route 107). Follow Route 107 to the second set of traffic lights in front of Salem Hospital. Take a left into the main entrance of Salem Hospital, and follow the access road and directional signs to Shaughnessy-Kaplan. Park in the free Visitors Parking lot closest to the building and enter through the main entrance.
From Southern New England:
Take Route 95/128 North to exit 45 (left-hand exit, where Routes 95 and 128 split). Follow Directions above "From Boston."
From Northern New England:
Take Route 95 South to Route 128 North. Follow Directions above "From Boston."
- Inpatient Services Phone: 978-745-9003
- Outpatient Center Phone: 978-825-8700
- Fax: 978-740-4730
- 1 Dove Avenue
- Salem, MA 01970
Best Hospital 2011-12
Spaulding is ranked 5th among rehabilitation hospitals by US News & World Report.