- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities:
- Long-Term Acute Care:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities:
- Outpatient Facilities:
- Boston - Downtown Crossing
Gloucester - Cape
- Lexington - Pediatrics
Choosing the Right Rehabilitative Care
Choosing the right rehabilitation facility and program can make a difference in how fully – and how quickly – you are able to reach your goals.
Your doctors, case manager, and social worker can help guide your decision. Your family can also play an important role in the decision-making process. And there are other factors to consider as well – such as patient outcomes, types of services available, and convenience of location.
In addition, we highly recommend that you or a family member tour each facility you are considering. Talking with the admissions director and other staff will give you a better sense of each facility’s environment of care, and will allow you to ask about specific questions you may have your course of treatment.
The Different Levels of Rehabilitative Care
The Spaulding Rehabilitation Network provides treatment and services at four levels:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) - For patients who require intensive, interdisciplinary rehabilitation services
- Long-Term Acute Care (LTAC) Facility - For patients with complex medical and rehabilitation needs
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) - For patients who require skilled nursing services and short-term rehabilitation care
- Outpatient Centers - For patients who are recovering after surgery or illness; outpatient services are also available that help patients cope with pain management, sports medicine injuries, and injury prevention
Whatever the rehabilitative need, the Spaulding Network delivers. Our six inpatient facilities, including the nationally renowned Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston, provide the most advanced treatments and services at all four levels, including 23 centers across Eastern Massachusetts that offer an extensive range of outpatient therapeutic programs and services.
Why Choose Spaulding?
Your body may occasionally quit on you. Your spirit may occasionally quit on you. Rest assured, however, that at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network we will never quit on you.
You will find this commitment across the entire Spaulding Rehabilitation Network, which includes hospitals, outpatient centers, and skilled nursing facilities throughout Eastern Massachusetts. You’ll find a consistently outstanding level of care. You’ll find highly trained and dedicated staff. Most important, you’ll find people and resources dedicated to helping patients and families find their strength.